JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WORLD ART DAY ON APRIL 15, 2016!
For the second consecutive year, the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk will reprise its leadership role in World Art Day festivities, which were held for the first time ever in the United States in the city of Los Angeles in 2015. This international event led by IAA-UNESCO takes place on April 15th, Leonardo Da Vinci’s birthday, and celebrates international collaboration through art. In honor of this worldwide celebration, Art Walk will host projects in the form of gallery exhibitions, pop-ups, and site-specific installations in private or public spaces. World Art Day: Los Angeles programming will be held over five days starting with an Opening Gala on April 13th, followed by several days of festivities kicked-off on the April 14th Art Walk, and ending with a closing celebration on Sunday, April 17th, 2016.
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
- World Art Day VIP Launch Gala | 6 to 10PM | 8th+Hope — 801 S Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Thursday, April 14th
- Downtown Art Walk Lounge | 6 to 10PM | 634 S. Spring St. Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Living on a Dollar A Day: An Official MOPLA Exhibition | 4:30 to 10PM | Wiznu Studio + Gallery — 710 S Spring St. #703, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Latin American Artists in Los Angeles | 6 to 10PM | Gloria Delson Contemporary Arts — 727 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Dream State – Soft Opening Coinciding with the Downtown Art Walk | 6 to 10PM | REN Gallery — 716 S Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Art Showcase, Part Two | 8PM to Closing | Preux & Proper — 840 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Friday, April 15th
- Bill Sherwood: Featured Artist Reception | 5 to 7PM | Historic Core of DTLA Visitors Center — 209 W. 5th St., Los Angeles, CA 90013
Saturday, April 16th
- Activating Pangea | 2 to 4PM | DAC Gallery — 431 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Dream State – Artist Reception, Live music and Refreshments | 6 to 10PM | REN Gallery — 716 S Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
The Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the visual arts and culture in Downtown Los Angeles, on the 2nd Thursday of each month and all year round through programming, collaborations, and cultural initiatives.
IAA-UNESCO: International Association of Art in official partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.