Night On Broadway, Saturday, January 30th, 5-11pm.
Join the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk for Night on Broadway, an evening of food, entertainment, arts and culture celebrating the 8th anniversary of Councilmember José Huizar’s “Bringing Back Broadway” initiative. This wildly popular event is free for people of all ages looking to experience the Historic Theater District in a unique and personal way, while discovering the best of what today and tomorrow’s Broadway has to offer.
This year, the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk is curating the block of Broadway between 4th and 5th Streets. Focusing on hyper-local talent, Art Walk presents activations from several Downtown artists, and will be hosting performances, projections and live art throughout the evening.
- Site-specific activations by DTLA artists Lilli Muller, Morley, Tony Peluce, Jena Priebe, The Blacklight King, and Colette Miller, Katherine Shanks and Stephanie Sherwood.
- The Magic Flute video presentation and booth installation by LA Opera
- OUE Skyspace booth offering a sneak-peek of the tallest open-air observation deck in California
- Contemporary Art Galleries:
- DAC Gallery – Paperland Two, Zine fest and printmaking exhibition
- Gloria Delson Contemporary Arts Presents Michael Moon, Bill Sherwood,
and Carol Cirillo Stanley
- Wiznu: Studio • Performances • Gallery • Events, presents Michael Wisnieux celebrity photography, and a collaboration with Art Meets Architecture
- Omero Creative: dance, movement and performances, headlined by Super Tall Paul
- Live Painting by LA Street Artists
- LADot Van featuring new TapCard designs
- DTLA Bikes video projections
- Broadway will be closed to car traffic between 3rd and 9th Streets during the event. Art Walk Presenting Sponsor Joe’s Auto Parks is offering advance reservations for suggested lots near the Night on Broadway event, at 530 S Spring, 416 S Main, 433 S Main, 220 S Spring and 808 S Olive. Please visit http://joesautoparks.com/NightOnBroadway/